Copyright © 2016 Donny Trương
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.
- Advisor: Jandos Rothstein
- Copyeditors: Trang Nguyễn, Raymond Schwartz, and Chris Silverman
- Designer & Publisher: Donny Trương
- Editor: Linh Nguyễn
- Proofreader: Jim Van Meer
Please send errors to [email protected]
- Bringhurst, Robert. The Elements of Typographic Style. (Washington: Hartley & Marks Press, 2008).
- Cheng, Karen. Designing Type. (Connecticut: Yale University Press, 2005).
- Gaultney, J. Victor. “Problems of Diacritic Design for Latin Script Text Faces,” (MA thesis, University of Reading, 2002).
- Nguyễn, Đình Hòa. “An Outline of Vietnamese,” The Vietnam Forum 11 (Connecticut: Yale Southeast Asia Studies, 1988).
- Thompson, Laurence. A Vietnamese Grammar. (Washington: University of Washington Press, 1965).
Thanks to professor Jandos Rothstein for his guidance in working with me on this final project to complete my Master of Arts in Graphic Design.
Deep gratitude to Linh Nguyễn for her critical evaluation of the first draft. Based on her invaluable feedback, I rewrote almost everything.
Big up to Jim Van Meer for his meticulous proofreading of the early drafts.
Huge appreciation to Phạm Đam Ca for taking his time to explain to me the nuances of Vietnamese type design.
Mad love to my wife Nguyễn Đức Hải Dung for her support and enlightenment.
This website was designed by Donny Trương using HTML, SCSS and some PHP. The text face is Garamond Premier. Subheads, captions, and UI elements are set in Acumin. Both typefaces designed by Robert Slimbach. Fonts are served through Typekit.